The Final Five Questions Go To Master Phil
What does martial artist expert Master Phil have in common with Peggy McColl and Peggy Blair?
In addition to being among the eight inspiring speakers at the seventh annual Women in Business conference, Master Phil is – like the two Peggys – a successful, Ottawa-based author. Together, the three are part of our long-anticipated Author Corner Showcase.
Motivational martial arts master, #1 bestselling author and personal development expert Master Phil Nguyen, whose latest book – Black Belt Leadership: 9 Point Path To Wisdom, Inspiration and Enlightenment – is coming out soon, is also the author of the celebrated Bully Busters book, which supports his anti-bullying program being adopted by schools everywhere.
With this being the final blog post about our author’s before the conference on Wednesday, here are my five questions answered by Master Phil:
Sandra Tisiot: What can attendees at the Women in Business Conference expect to take away from your talk?
Master Phil: After taking part in Black Belt Leadership for Women, attendees will come away with knowledge and understanding in three main areas:
- How to apply “The 1% Rule of Self-Discipline” to write and publish your book (at last!)
- What is “Movement Marketing” and how and why you should build programs, products, and services around your book
- Why every woman needs to learn how to PUNCH and why every woman is worthy of PEACE
Sandra Tisiot: Where did your passion for your area of focus come from?
Master Phil: Martial arts changed my life. It helped me build a strong mind, body, and spirit to conquer any challenges in life and helped me develop a perfect harmony of yin and yang energy to flow through any challenges in life.
Now, I’m on a mission to help business owners, entrepreneurs, and leaders in society apply martial arts training, wisdom, and philosophy to solve their everyday problems.
Whether it’s helping parents and professionals face their leadership and life balance challenges with Black Belt Leadership or helping children, schools, and their families with Bully Busters, I’m here to help you unleash your inner ninja.
Sandra Tisiot: What are a few of the highlights from your own career?
Master Phil: Here are seven highlights:
- 7th Degree Black Belt Taekwon-Do Master
- Author of Bully Busters and Beyond! 9 Treasures to Self-Confidence, Self-Esteem, and Strength of Character
- Mayor’s City Builder Award presented by Mayor Jim Watson
- Citizen of the Year award presented by Kanata Chamber of Commerce
- Ottawa’s Top 40 Under Forty presented by the Ottawa Business Journal
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal presented on Parliament Hill for contribution to our community and country
- CHEO Emergency Room named after the award-winning Black Belt Excellence Martial Arts Academy in recognition of the funds raised over the years for the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
Sandra Tisiot: Why do you think it’s important for women to come together to support one another in business?
Master Phil: To cultivate each other’s strengths, to leverage those strengths to face their unique challenges, to harness their intuitive wisdom, and to help each other unleash their indomitable spirit.
Sandra Tisiot: Who would you most love to sit down with for a deep conversation?
Master Phil: Bruce Lee. He was not only a legendary martial artist and action movie star. He was a family man, a philosopher, and a leader in society.
Impactful and precise, Master Phil! Just like your punch and kick, to be sure.
We all look forward to hearing Master Phil’s inspirational words at the conference.
And if you’re reading this now, there is still time to attend the 7th Annual Women In Business Conference which starts bright and early on Wednesday, March 11, 2015.
If by chance you haven’t registered yet, don’t miss out on this inspiring conference. It’s jam-packed with speakers who will definitely make your day… and just might change your life!